- "The Alert Spider spends its life above the ground climbing over walls or ceilings. From this high vantage point, it is able to drop down on unsuspecting prey without drawing attention to itself.''"
- ―Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and AbilitiesEdit
The Alert Spider is a small monster with six legs (unlike real arachnids with eight) and one large, all-seeing eye that gives it its name. The species is known for climbing walls, ladders, and vertical or horizontal surfaces so they can better stalk their prey from above. To attack, they use their front, slicing legs, which make a clicking noise.
Strategy for SphinxEdit
Strategy for the MummyEdit
Use the electric mummy form to fry the spider on the ladder. This is the only time the Mummy encounters the Alert Spider.
- Outskirts of Castle of Uruk (Non-Respawning)
- Planetarium of Amusement (Non-Respawning)
- Uruk Temple (Non-Respawning)
- The Alert Spider is one of the monsters already on display at the Abydos Museum. This is because there is never an opportunity to capture it, along with the Alert Spiders primarily being found on vertical surfaces and/or upside down on a ceiling, which prevents Capture Beetles from reaching them as they cannot climb.
- It is one of the few monsters that both Sphinx and Tutankhamen encounter, the other being a Rat.
- It is also the only monster Tut has killed.
External Links Edit
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Chihuahua | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|