Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy: Authoring Tools is a free DLC that was published a few months after the release of the PC remaster, on February 19, 2018. It is a compendium of original Eurocom tools and data, including the original editor of the game; EuroLand, as well as several gigabytes of final, beta and early content. It can be separately downloaded from Steam or GOG after purchasing the game.
The official description blurb features the following contents:
EuroLand Editor Edit
- Entities (3D models).
- Surfaces (materials with different blending modes).
- Maps (composed of portals, triggers and other submaps).
- Animations (bone-based).
- Scripts (mainly used for cutscenes).
- Particle systems.
- In-game fonts.
- Spreadsheets (translations and Excel data).
- Swooshes (speed trails).
- Introduction to EngineX and support materials.
- Sphinx scripting language; used to script map triggers.
- Walkthroughs for the original storyline and removed levels.
Source art assets Edit
- Every .ELF file used to generate the final game maps and characters.
- Beta versions of the original maps, including unfinished versions of Akaria, Sakkara, Uruk, Heliopolis, Abydos and the Dark Area.
- Never-before-seen characters and storylines that you can edit, improve and export to create your own content.