- "A Cobra is a venomous hooded snake which resides in trees and other plant life. Disturb a Cobra's home and it will not hesitate to rear its head and attack the intruder."
- ―Book of Sphinx
- "A hooded snake with a venomous bite."
- ―Monster Inspector
- "A hooded and highly poisonous snake. The Cobra commonly makes its home in dark and secluded areas, surprising many unsuspecting explorers."
- ―Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
The Cobra is a bright green hooded snake with a light green ankh symbol on the back of its hood. Alongside the Manta Ray and Sea Turtle, it is one of the few monsters which resembles the real life animal for which it is named.
They slither around aimlessly once released from whatever is holding them, striking out at whatever crosses their path.
Strategy for SphinxEdit
Prior to acquiring the Blade of Osiris, carefully throw or drop a rock on it. Once you've obtained the sword, slash it once to capture it, or twice to kill it.
- Outskirts of the Castle of Uruk (Non-Respawning)
- Great Wall Entrance I
- Great Wall Entrance II
- Great Wall Entrance III
- Cursed Palace
- Lost Temple of Heliopolis
- Instead of exploding into light like most monsters do upon death, the cobra dissolves into green gas which fades away.
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|