- "These elusive critters shoot a powerful ray of fire from their single eye, and are able to teleport over short distances...When injured, the Cyclops will split into two - double the danger."
- ―Book of Sphinx
- "Cute looking but very mischievous."
- ―Monster Inspector
- "Named so for its single eye, this biped is capable of charging bolts of fire, teleportation and duplication. Their combination of skin and hair colour has sometimes seen them confused with a certain root vegetable..."
- ―Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
Cyclops resemble radishes, posing as a threat to unsuspecting farmers. They have red bodies and green hair and limbs, and split when struck by a sword. They can shoot laser beams from their single eyes, like the Eye of Ra but less powerful.
These monsters are very agile and teleport away whenever their foe approaches. They will reappear out of their foe's line of sight (usually behind them) and fire a laser beam. If Sphinx manages to get close, but does not strike quickly enough, the Cyclops can backflip away and disappear. Once it has been split in two, the pair will attack simultaneously from different directions in an attempt to confuse Sphinx. They also dissolve into red mist if the player tries to retreat to a safe distance.
Strategy for SphinxEdit
While battling it, it will laugh at you and shoot a laser from its eye. If you get close while it is not moving, it will vanish. You must work quickly in order to eliminate them. On the first hit, they will split into two. Both will begin to flash, and at this point it only takes one more strike to kill them.
- Fans have been known to describe Cyclopes as the cutest monsters in the game.
- Battling these creatures can be tricky, as they are quite agile and their small stature makes them hard to spot from far away.
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|