- "Employing the same spinning and charging attack as the Skeletal Armadillo, the Skeletal Fire Armadillo also generates a ball of fire, damaging any opponents with scorching results...Captured ones can be used to burn down wooden obstacles."
- ―Book of Sphinx
- "Spins around with scorching results."
- ―Monster Inspector
- "These peculiar, waddling quadrupeds normally walk along at a slow pace. Their hard shell doubles up as a weapon when spinning along the ground. Certain popular children’s tales claim their origins as the union of a tortoise and a hedgehog."
- ―Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
The Fire Armadillo is a spike-backed armadillo that charges itself up with fire. It was almost skeletal in appearance, and had only red dots for eyes.
Upon spawning, it will begin to pace around in a circle. When Sphinx is seen, the Armadillo will begin to spin in place and ignite before charging forward with intent to collide. Once it begins spinning, its course cannot be changed. The Fire Armadillo has no defensive strategy.
Strategy for SphinxEdit
When it begins to spin, move out of the way. Slash at the back when not charging or on fire to weaken it. Attacking it in quick succession will prevent it from turning around to charge at you again. Also, stay away from ledges, as the monster can knock you off of them easily. If you encounter one near a source of water, simply bait it so that it faces the direction of the water. Once it rolls in, it will dissipate.
- All armadillo monsters feature the same museum description and share the same pedestal.
- The Fire Armadillo's journal description mention a basic Skeletal Armadillo, a monster that didn't make it into the final game.
- The Armadillo pedestal in the Abydos Museum, which it shares with the Electric Armadillo, has a gap between the pair, presumably intended for this cut monster.
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|