- "From the moment they are born, Goofy Lizards are clumsy, forgetful, but ultimately good-natured. Known to spend many hours futilely attacking their own shadow."
- ―Book of Sphinx
- "It’s a daft but friendly animal."
- ―Monster Inspector
- "The Goofy Lizard’s behavior implies a complete lack of common sense, matched only by their apparent lack of coordination. The most popular domesticated animal in existence."
- ―Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
The Goofy Lizard is a green lizard with long hind legs. Its head resembles that of a European dragon, with a long, narrow snout. Similar to the frilled lizard, it has two large skin fans on the side of its head. As its name suggests, it moves around in an erratic, goofy fashion.
Strategy for Sphinx Edit
The Goofy Lizard cannot be bought or captured; it must be traded for. After accessing the Abydos Canal, talk to the man standing by the Goofy Lizard. He tells you that he bought it to impress his girlfriend, but it won't do tricks or anything. This is your clue to how to obtain the lizard for the museum: get all of the minigame medals and trade them for the lizard.
- Abydos Canal (Non-Respawning)
- In the beta version of the game, the Goofy Lizard was originally going to be available for purchase at Montu's Monster Shop.
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|