- "They rear up out of their holes with alarming speed, using their great mass to slam down, crushing anything beneath...Known to be impervious to anything that might stun smaller monsters."
- ―Book of Sphinx
- "A big worm with big teeth."
- ―Monster Inspector
- "The largest invertebrate creature known, it is also one of the few carnivorous worms in existence. Green Giant Worms uniquely fortify the entrances to their subterranean tunnel networks, affording some forewarning as to their presence."
- ―Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
The Giant Green Worm bears similarities to a large garden worm, but with their seemingly segmented bodies and small limbs, they appear more akin to a centipede-like creature than to a true worm. They have a long body that typically emerges from holes in the ground. On the top of their heads, they have a light that is most likely used to lure prey or attract mates.
The worm conceals its entire body underground and quickly rises up to snap at unsuspecting prey (or demi-gods) who wander too close. If it manages to grab someone, it will clamp its jaws on their head, shake them violently, and toss them away. It will then wait for a moment before sinking back into its hole. They are very quick, so avoiding their long reach can be tricky.
Strategy for SphinxEdit
To lure it out safely, run in a circular pattern near the hole. It should miss you since they strike in a straight line. Circle back quickly and hit it when it is coming up from the hole or going back into it. Hitting the light on its head also injures it. Once the final blow has landed, move to the side to avoid taking damage when it hits the ground.
- Great Wall Entrance II (Non-Respawning)
- Uruk Canyon
- Lost Temple of Heliopolis (Non-Respawning)
- Uruk Temple (Non-Respawning)
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|