Monsters are creatures found throughout various regions of Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy.
While there is no defined history of how the monsters came to be, however it is known that several hostile creatures took over Heliopolis when Set came to power over Egypt. Some creatures respawn in their locations, while others don't naturally live there and hence do not respawn. The Abydos Museum in Abydos gladly accepts donations of these monsters and displays them in the Natural History portion of the building.
Already at the MuseumEdit
These monsters are already in the Abydos Museum; most of them cannot be captured at all.
Purchasable or TradableEdit
These monsters cannot be found in the wild, but may be purchased from Montu's Monster Shop or traded for.
Hostile and CapturableEdit
- All but a few monsters seem to spawn and die in a flash of light. swimming monsters appear to simply flip over and fade away.
- The Fire Armadillo and the Slim Burble are the only monsters that can be used as a tool; Fire Armadillos are used for setting wood on fire, while the Slim Burble is used to destroy various objects with explosions.
- Judging by a comment from Imhotep, it can be assumed that most, if not all, of the monsters are actually Egyptian demons.
- According to the Book of Sphinx, there are two extra monsters that are never seen. They are:
- The Monsters can be categorised into several groups:
- Mummies: Mummy Eagles, Mummy Birds, Mummy Chihuahuas, Mummy Worms
- Humans: Skull Worshippers, Skull Swordsmen, Skeletal Axemen, and Dark Worshippers.
- Giants: Green Giant Worms, Big Bulls, Gebs, Sunflowers, Tree Creatures, and Spitting Toads.
- Arachnids: Spike Spiders, Skeletal Spiders, Wasp Spiders, Alert Spiders, and Blade Scorpions.
- Sea-Dwellers: Piranhas, Exo-Piranhas, Spinefish, Manta Rays, Sea Turtles, and Electric Eels.
- Bipeds: Crabhands, Sharpbeaks, Knives Cats, Squirts, Almost-a-Bulls, Cyclops, Half Brutes, Slim Burbles, and Smiling Burbles.
- True Animals: Manta Rays, Cobras, Rats, Chihuahuas, and Sea Turtles.
- Small/Dangerous: Nose Needlers,
- Small/Harmless: Shell Critters, Shuttlecock Birds, Small Frogs, Featherless Turkeys, and Goofy Lizards.
- Scenery/Pseudo Monsters: Crows, Explosive Flowers, and Red Laser Eyes.
- The Shell Critter, Shuttlecock Bird, Featherless Turkey, and Mummy Bird are the only Monsters that can never be seen in the wild, and can only be seen in Montu's Monster Shop and/or the Museum.
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|