- "Known for using its head's unique height to headbutt their prey. Once knocked unconscious, the Skeletal Spider can devour its prey at leisure."
- ―Book of Sphinx
- "Head butts enemies into submission."
- ―Monster Inspector
- "One of the most unique looking members of its species, the Skeletal Spider stands out with the unusual vertical growth of its spine. Native to Uruk, where their fleshless bodies are little affected by the scorching heat."
- ―Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
The Skeletal Spider's body resembles an open ribcage with a skull on top. It has only a few legs, and is not very quick at walking. It makes a distinctive clicking noise.
These enemies are quite slow, so it should be easy to take them down quickly with a barrage of slashes.
- Real spiders have no internal skeletons; rather, an exoskeleton.
- Montu, who is notorious for low payouts when being sold monsters, pays 25 scarabs for the relatively weak and respawning monster. It is suggested that players visit the Great Wall Entrance III, capture ten, and take them back to Montu's Monster Shop.
- Its raised spine and spread ribs resemble a “threat pose” cobra
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|