- "In addition to their well-honed swordsmanship, they are capable of releasing an evil, shimmering skull that chases down an opponent. A flurry of blows often fails to harm them, such is their defensive skill."
- ―Book of Sphinx
- "Skillful warriors with ghostly attacks."
- ―Monster Inspector
- "Highly trained in many swordsmanship techniques, and deadly opponents. Proof that they dwell within evil, they can summon a ghostly skull, which drains the soul’s essence on contact."
- ―Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
The Skull Swordsman is a zombie-like monster that wears a brown tunic. They are skilled swordsmen that can block attacks, and also summon fiery spirits. They have three attacks:
- Spinning around doing a total of 5 horizontal cuts.
- Two horizontal slashes and finish with a stab.
- A downward cut, which launches a fiery skull.
The skull spirit acts as a homing attack and will chase the enemy for a short while before disappearing. If their foe starts to gain the upper hand, they will use their blades as an impenetrable shield.
Strategy for Sphinx Edit
Hit it with the Blade of Osiris while it's not blocking. If it creates a spirit, block it with the Shield of Osiris and resume attacking. If possible, stop it from conjuring the spirit by hitting it when it assumes its summoning stance. Then, you can overpower it with a barrage of sword strikes. If necessary, use the shield to block their moves.
- Great Wall Entrance II (Non-Respawning)
- Uruk Canyon (Non-Respawning)
- Uruk Temple (Non-Respawning)
- Uruk Islands
- Geb Queen's Palace (Non-Respawning)
- The Skull Swordsman is identical to the Skull Worshipper with exception of having a sword instead of a staff. Its summoning ability is also mis-attributed to the Worshipper in the game's manual.
- The sword it uses is more similar to a Japanese katana than an Ancient Egyptian khopesh. It also uses katana postures, for example, Seigan no Kamae for blocking.
- At least one Swordsman is able to shape-shift into a human. It is unknown if all of them possess this power.
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|