Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy 2 is the potential sequel to Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy that fans have been craving for. It is not certain what features the new game will contain.
With the ending of the first game left open, there is a possibility for a sequel starring both Sphinx and Tutankhamen. Even though Eurocom (the game's developer) and THQ (the game's publisher) no longer exist, THQ has since been succeeded by THQ Nordic. As of December 2016, THQ Nordic has acquired the rights to the franchise from Mobile Gaming Studios Ltd. The CEO of the company, Lars Wingefors, hints at an entry for the upcoming Nintendo Switch, stating that the IP is,"well suited" for the interface of the console. It is unknown at this point if the entry will be the long-awaited sequel or a remaster. There has also recently been a re-release of Sphinx and the cursed mummy from THQ Nordic on Steam and GOG.com.
Ideas for a Sequel Edit
Potential Titles Edit
- Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy 2
- Sphinx and the Rise of Apophis
Ability Items Edit
- Tutankhamen Ability Charms: Each one allows Tutankhamen to activate his various abilities, but they need to recharge time equal to the amount of time the ability was used. If the duration bar is emptied, the charm is out of power and needs to recharge fully before it can be reused. A maximum of three can be selected at one time.
- Fire Charm: Activates the Fire Mummy power. It is protected by a fire trap that will need to be burned traditionally in order to obtain it.
- Electric Charm: Activates the Electric Mummy power. It is protected by a Mechanism that will need to be activated traditionally in order to obtain it.
- Paper Charm: Activates the Paper Mummy power. It is protected by a trap that needs to be solved traditionally in order to obtain it.
- These abilities can still be triggered by traps, but will preven the amulets from activating.
- Bat Mummy, Triple Mummy, and Smoke Mummy must all be created traditionally due to the powers the abilities grant (to fly, to be in three places at once, and walk through obstacles). These abilities lack charms.
- Possession Ability: Allows Tutankhamen to defend himself by possessing an enemy such as the Big Bull, Dark Worshipper, etc.
- Possession Charm: The charm allows Tutankhamen to possess monsters after he is gifted the charm.
- Magical Wings: The ability to glide safely to depths that would otherwise hurt him. It could be a magical pair of wings, and it can be used for basic flights.
- Armor of Ra: this armor is a golden warrior armor. The Hands of Amun form the gauntlets, while the breastplate, boots, and helmet must each be acquired.
- Boots of Sekhmet: double running speed
- Breastplate of Anubis: halves damage received from blows. Received by doing a job for Anubis at his Tower.
- Helmet of Shu: Increases attack speed using the wind.
- Apophis (or Apep) - Villain. It was Apophis the Chaos Serpent's plan to tempt Set with promises of power that led to the events of the first game. They also caused the volcanism that reshaped Uruk into its current appearance. Their appearance is fairly androgynous, but their true form is that of a giant snake.
- Menes - Villain. Returning character. Servant to Apophis, later killed.
- Ra - Hero. Returning character. The enemy of Apophis, he resides in Sun Shrine Island in the form of a falcon-headed man with a staff.
- Luxor - With Tutankhamen able to speak, he could explain what happened to him.
- Sakkara - Deleted from the original, and the location where Heliopolis gets its main ambient music.
- Thebes - The home of one of the Abydos Jewels.
- Castle of Uruk - The castle still holds many secrets, and can only be accessed by the Hall of Jewels sarcophagus.
- Akaria - The water-logged area that was cut from the final game.
- Heliopolis - With the defeat of Set, this barren wasteland is slowly coming back to life, and the region surrounding the Cursed Palace has changed from sand to a grassy plain.
Misc. Other Features Edit
- Two-Player Co-Op: A two-player co-op feature that allows a second player to drop out if they need to, as well as allow the player to swap between Sphinx and Tutankhamen.
- Original HUD: The basic HUD from the original game should be preserved, but updated for modern use.
- Lock On Object: A lock-on system to allow the player to focus on certain objects, enemies, and/or to strafe. It would also allow the combat to become more deep than in the original because of the possibility of dodging and directional attack inputs.
- Free-World Movement: Free-world style movement similar to that found in the Assassin's Creed series.
- Monster Breakout: The spell keeping the Abydos Museum's monsters contained has failed. Recapture them all before they escape into the city. Get Possession Charm as a reward.
- Visit the Abydos Library: The Librarian has requested that you meet him at the Library.
- Visit the Seer: The Seer has requested you visit her home. She has important news for you.
- Protect the Farm: the Helian Farmers need help protecting the farm from monsters that are trying to destroy their crops
- Visit Anubis: Anubis has something for you in his tower, but needs you to preform a job for him first. (boots)
- Race the Athlete: The Helian Athlete has challenged you to a race in the Heliopolis Desert. (helmet)
- Talk to Anubis: Anubis wishes to speak to you in his tower. (breastplate mission)
- Rescue Horus: Horus is trapped in the Castle Ruins. Go rescue him. Get Wings as a reward. Given by Ra.
- At this point, there are no concrete details regarding what direction THQ Nordic intends to take with the possible new entry. All of the ideas listed here are purely fan speculation.
- The second theorized name is a reference to how in Egyptian mythology, the true big bad or main villian was Apophis.