- "The so called "Spitting Toad" got its name from its tendency to swallow first, think later. Anything that is not to the Toad's rather picky taste is spat out quite forcefully."
- ―Abydos Museum
Traits, Appearance, and Abilities Edit
Spitting Toads are dragon-like beasts with orange skin, horns on their heads and forked tongues. The creature's favorite food is coconuts, and their "assistance" for those who provide them seems to be launching the adventurer to hard-to-reach locations.
Strategy for SphinxEdit
Feed it coconuts and it will help you by swallowing you and spitting you out in a direction of your choosing.
- Outskirts of the Castle of Uruk (Non-Capturable)
- Apart from the bosses, the Spitting Toad is the only monster who can talk.
- The official strategy guide shows off an unused blue variant of the species.
- Fans have dubbed him an "orange toe".
|Capturable||Almost-a-Bull | Big Bull | Blade Scorpion | Chihuahua | Cobra | Crabhands | Cyclops | Dark Worshipper | Electric Armadillo | Exo-Piranha | Fire Armadillo | Green Giant Worm | Half Brute | Knives Cat | Mummy Chihuahua | Mummy Worm | Nose Needler | Piranha | Sharpbeak | Skeletal Axeman | Skeletal Spider | Skull Swordsman | Skull Worshipper | Slim Burble | Smiling Burble | Spike Spider | Sunflower | Tree Creature | Wasp Spider|
|Non-Capturable||Alert Spider | Electric Eel | Featherless Turkey | Geb | Goofy Lizard | Manta Ray | Mummy Bird | Mummy Eagle | Rat | Sea Turtle | Shell Critter | Shuttlecock Bird | Small Frog | Spinefish | Spitting Toad|